Patient Care Coordinator
Department: Front Desk
Reports to: Office Manager
Type of Position: Full-time, 40 hours/week, Non-Exempt
Responsible for delivering premium patient service upon arrival and departure from this medical facility. Required to perform clerical tasks utilizing knowledge of general medical office systems, procedures, and insurances. Responsible for the understanding of the practice’s work flow and office protocols.
- Greet and assist patients with registration forms and the collection of any documentation
- Answering phones
- Input pertinent information and update patient records into EMR
- Knowledge of insurance referrals and prior authorizations required for treatment and testing
- Take messages and emails and forward them to the appropriate MD/Pa or M
- Perform accurate clerical work associated with checking out patients including but not limited to co-pays and other financial collections
- Make decisions on routine administrative matters and complete clerical details as required
- Required to perform any and all additional job responsibilities specified
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
- High school diploma is required
- Two years experience in medical reception in a fast paced environment is recommended
- Written and verbal skills are required
- Typing skills and experience with Microsoft word excel, and outlook is considered an asset
- Knowledge of EMR and medical terminology is required
- Strong customer service and organizational skills are required
- Able to work as a team player
- Compassionate and respectful to all patients and staff
Reports to: Chief Radiologic Technologist
Type of Position: Per Diem, Non-Exempt
Preform diagnostic imaging for the physicians.
- Demonstrate successful communication between the Doctor and patient to conduct the appropriate exam.
- Prepare equipment and exam room as needed.
- Position and monitor patients during the exam.
- Document and report pertinent information to the physician.
- Minimize radiation to the patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques such as ALARA.
- Responsible for a working knowledge using all digital and PACS systems.
- Maintain all required state and federal certifications as required.
- Complete multiple department requests for duplicate imaging records.
- Assist with reconciling patient exams for billing.
- Assist OCPN MRI by sending compatible imaging to Steward Hospital.
- Must have good communication skills and attention to detail. Must work well with others and possess the ability to take direction.
Reports to: Clinical Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours: 40 hours/week, Non-Exempt
Under the direction of a physician or licensed provider, the medical assistant performs assigned patient care and administrative duties. Responsible for performing routine and more complex medical assistant clinical duties to include, but not limited to, greeting patients, taking vital signs, performing simple diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, casting and bracing, and maintaining examination rooms in an outpatient care setting. May also be responsible for some administrative duties in support of patient and practice operations. Able to work as a member of a team to ensure the physicians see patients as efficiently and effectively as possible while still delivering a favorable patient experience. This will be accomplished by improving workflow and communication with the front desk. Responsible for overseeing and managing patient flow for the assigned doctor.
- Greets patients and assists them with transfers into a wheelchair and to x ray room if necessary.
- Previous experience with suture removal, DME/brace fitting, and cast application is preferred.
- All prior test results should be ordered for review prior to the patient exam.
- Review last office notes to prepare for the patient visit.
- Verify medical history forms are complete and then scanned into the electronic health record.
- All prior evaluations, history forms, and office notes should be entered into the EMR prior to this patient exam.
- Ensure that required x rays are ordered prior to patients arrival.
- All prior testing results should be presented to MD/PA prior to this patient exam.
- Prepare room for casting, procedures, etc./restock and clean when completed.
- Responsible for maintaining a professional environment by demonstrating patient privacy and respect for patients and staff.
- Follow Universal protocol in maintaining a safe and clean environment for patients.
- Required to perform any and all additional job responsibilities specified, including surgery scheduling, prior authorizations and other administrative duties.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function for this position.