We are seeking experienced Charge Entry Specialists to join our team!
Charge Entry Specialist
Reports to: Revenue Cycle Manager
Type of Position: Full-time
Hours: 40 hours/week, Non-Exempt
At OCPN we are dedicated to creating an environment that encourages growth. As a Charge Entry Specialist, you will add to your knowledge base as you work alongside field experts and will be part of a warm and welcoming team of people who band together to achieve success. Our team members enjoy a robust benefit package with a broad range of options including a health plan with HMO and PPO options, a dental plan, vision plan, a 401k plan, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
Charge Entry Specialist Responsibilities include:
- Reviews, researches and verifies accuracy of billing data to include verifying all CPT codes and ensuring all charges are accurately entered by all providers and revise any errors.
- Assigns modifiers when appropriate for clean claim filing.
- Queries providers as needed to ensure accuracy.
- Submits primary and secondary insurance claims within 48 hours of rendering service.
- Reconciles daily claim submission though clearinghouse to ensure all claims and claim edits are correct and transmitted on to payers. Any discrepancies in claims submitted totals and claims acknowledged are noted and resolved with 24 hours of initial submission.
- Assures compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to billing through demonstrated understanding of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10-CM coding guidelines. Identifies any aberrant coding practices and notifies management.
Charge Entry Specialist Qualifications:
- Full-time Monday-Friday 8am to 4:30pm
- GED / High school graduate
- Medical billing knowledge/experience
- Familiarity with Medicare/Medicaid billing
- Requires knowledge of medical coding preferably Orthopedics, Worker’s Comp and Physical/Occupational Therapy
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook) and EMR billing systems preferably GE Centricity.